Join us for a non-partisan City Council Candidate Forum! Candidates will clarify their positions on issues of racial, social, and economic justice, and we will hold them accountable.
At the event we will be lifting up the People's Platform for a Just Philadelphia. The People's Platform represents a grassroots vision for investing in the services and public institutions all Philadelphians need while divesting from the broken systems that hurt us all. The platform include these eight core principals:
- Stop Targeting Black and Brown People
- Keep Philadelphia Accessible and Affordable
- Invest in Healthy Schools, Jobs and Re-Entry, and Affordable Accessible Housing
- Make Corporations, Developers and Universities Pay their Fair Share
- Community Control of Land, Housing, Schools and Energy
- Make Philadelphia Safe and Healthy
- Dignity and Respect for all Work
- Ensure a Democracy Where We Can All Participate
We will ask candidates if they will sign-on.
This event is hosted by the MLK D.A.R.E. Coalition and The Alliance for a Just Philadelphia. We represent 38 organizations across the city. Our members encompass community organizations, faith- based organizations, and labor organizations that are leading on and winning campaigns that benefit all Philadelphians.